The host of the morning show on Onua TV and Onua FM, Captain Smart has been arrested and detained by the National Security and Ghana Police Service respectively:
1. Captain Smart was picked up in his house on Thursday morning by operatives of National Security.
2. He drove with them to the National Investigations Bureau installation near 37 Military Hospital in Accra.
3. He was subsequently transferred to the Nima Divsional Command of the Ghana Police Service.
4. Captain Smart was interrogated by a team comprising the Divisional Commander, Crime Officer, Investigative Officer and other officers of the command in the presence of his lawyer and managers.
5. During the interrogation, Smart was officially informed that the reason for his arrest was for comments he made on his show, Onua Maakye that the police considers to be inciting of the public against the state.
6. He was cautioned on the offence of offensive conduct after which his written statement was taken by the Crime Officer.
The management of Media General, operators of Onua TV and Onua FM, have been working with their lawyers and the Ghana Police to secure a bail for Captain Smart.
Read More News HERE.