General NewsHot News

Judge handling alleged Kasoa killing resigns

The judge handling the case involving two teenagers alleged to have killed an 11-year-old boy in Kasoa, His Worship Samuel Adjei, has resigned.

TV3’s Komla Adom reported on Wednesday, June 2 that another judge has been re-assigned to the court and is expected to take over the matter and other cases at the Ofaakor District Court.

The court on Wednesday, for a second time in two weeks, adjourned the case.

The second adjournment was as a result of the resignation of His Worship Adjei, sources told Adom.

READ MORE  NDC elects Speaker of Parliament

The court had on May 4, 2021, directed prosecution to provide a duplicate copy of the docket on the matter to the Attorney General’s office for advice.

On the same day, the court also ordered the police investigators to establish the actual ages of the two teens which had been in contention.

Police prosecutor chief inspector Ernest Agbo told the court on May 4, its investigations revealed the juvenile Felix Nyarko was sixteen years after records from various schools he had attended were reconciled.

READ MORE  Newspaper Headlines: Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Chief inspector Ernest Agbo also told the court, their findings indicate the second, Nicholas Kini was a couple of months older than nineteen years.

On the next adjourned date, May 19, 2021, when the case was called, the judge was unavailable.

The family of the deceased 11-year-old told the press they are “disappointed about the snail-pace of the trial”

Spokesperson Samed Akalilu said, “We thought there would be an expedited trial so the family can get justice and have some closure. But that is not happening. And we are disappointed.”

READ MORE  AUDIO: They are after my life - Techiman South MP – elect cries

-3news.com

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close